1. Lots of public restrooms didn’t have toilet paper (or seats even)
Travel Flushable Wipes
2. A good travel pillow – Another adoptive couple recommended these. I’m debating if they are worth the money since we have travel pillows already. They swear by the design though!
The Travel Pillow
3. Supplies to eat in your hotel room – at least breakfast
Space Saving Camp Pot – has a pot and bowls and sporks that nest inside each other.
A Freeze Dried Meal (there will be one night you just don’t want to find food
Hot Pot (what good is the food you bring if you can’t heat up water) – pack this with your food inside to save space
4. Luggage organization
XL Ziplocs – We split our clothes into 3 bags each – one outfit in the carry on and split the rest into the two suitcase bags. This way if a bag was lost, we’d have a change of clothes. We love these bags to do that since you can put clothes in them by outfit or day and then squash the air out of it like a space bag to save space. It also made it nice and organized to stack in the luggage and protected our clothes should a toiletry (or all the vodka on the way back bust).
Travel Adapter – you can use a travel adapter for most electronics. Things which don’t operate on dual voltage will also need a converter. This one is nice because the plugs slide in and out and it has 2 usb ports (so you can charge multiple items at once on the same plug)
Kindle – to read books on the plane and in your room – our tv didn’t even work, but if it did, it would have been in a language we don’t speak.
MacBook Air – to watch movies on the plane, blog, surf the internet. Luckily he has one for work that we were able to take. Couldn’t afford this otherwise.
And.. once we pick up sweet girl here’s some things we’ll take just for her!
1. Travel Potty – In case we’re somewhere and can’t find her a restroom or in case she’s scared of big potties in the hotel or airport.
2. Picture Dictionary – In her language so we can attempt to communicate basic needs (we’ll also sign with her!)
3. Reusable Sticker Book – Dreading 10 hours on a plane with a preschooler already – hoping this helps!
4. Kids Headphones – So she can watch movies and listen to music with headphones that fit her!
Also, please note that these links go through my friends, The Dismuke’s, Amazon Associates page. What does that mean? It means that the price will be the same for you, but they will earn a percentage of the sale from Amazon. Why didn’t we set one of these up? Well, easy, it’s illegal in North Carolina.
Hopefully I’ll keep adding to this page as I remember more!
Stickers and play-doh were wonderful on the plane. We took a touch and feel preschool board book that she loved. She also enjoyed talking to anyone who would listen. There were lots of kids on our flight home and they helped to keep her entertained. She didn't love the movies and was scared to wear the headphones. lots of small snacks (goldfish, teddy grahams, gummies). she liked drinking water out of a cup and not the bottle. Although she was potty trained, we put her in pull-up, thankfully. she screamed and would not get out of her seat to go to the bathroom. If she was sitting, she was a joy and was pleasant. I wouldn't worry about the extra pillow. We didn't sleep much on the plane. a small blanket for you and for her. It was cold on the plane I thought.